Doing well in IBPS is not an easy task. Every year, lakhs of applicants appear in the exam, but just a few of them attain success because of limited seats. To qualify for this test, you must prepare a smart study plan and understand the IBPS Clerk Mains exam pattern and syllabus.
You must not miss out on the chance because the IBPS authorities have released more than 2500 vacancies for 2020-21 recruitment. Indeed, the number of these vacancies is comparatively lower than the previous years. But still, you have a chance to do well and get a job.
For your information, according to the notification of the clerical cadre exam in 2019, the total number of vacancies was nearly 12075. And talking about the vacancies for IBPS Clerk Exam in 2018-19, it was almost 7200.
What’s In the IBPS Clerk Mains Exam?
In IBPS Clerk Mains Exam 2020, you will get multiple-choice questions from four sections, namely:
- General English
- Financial Awareness
- Reasoning Ability and Quantitative Aptitude
You will have specific timing for each section. You must do each section in the given time frame. Below is the IBPS clerk mains exam pattern you should know about:
- General/Financial Awareness: There will be 50 questions of 50 marks in the General/financial awareness section. You need to finish them in 35 minutes.
- General English: there will be 40 questions with 40 marks, and you will get 35 minutes to solve them.
- Computer Knowledge & Reasoning Ability: it is a segment of 50 questions, and you can get 60 marks. You will get 45 minutes to attempt these questions.
- Quantitative Aptitude: in 45 minutes, you will need to finish 50 questions to score 50 in this segment.
There will be 190 questions that you will solve, and the maximum marks you can get are 200. Your entire IBPS Clerk Mains Exam will last 160 minutes. Note that last year, the authorities organized the Computer Aptitude and Reasoning Ability section separately. But in the recent update (as you can see above), both areas have blended and have 50 questions, and the time you get for solving these questions is 45 minutes.
Being a candidate, you must attempt the sections in the same order and within the time that the examining body has allotted. You cannot leave the existing part before the given time ends.
In other words, you can attempt the next session after you have finished the current section. Additionally, there is a negative marking with a reduction of 0.25 marks for every error you make.
Impressive Salary for IBPS Clerks
Once you qualify for the exam and get a job as a clerk, you will get an impressive salary. Have a quick look at the salary structure below:
- Initially, the in-hand cash concerning the IBPS Clerk salary is Rs 19,461
- The basic IBPS clerk salary you can get is Rs 11,765 to Rs 42,020 per month.
- Rs 11,765 is the basic pay you get in the IBPS clerk salary. The remaining payment encompasses house rent allowance, dearness allowance, medical allowance, and transport allowance.
- Your increments will depend on your performance and the length of your duration.
To sum up, since you know about the IBPS clerk mains exam pattern and the salary you can expect after qualifying in the exam, don’t miss this golden opportunity.