The Joint Entrance Exam (JEE) is the entrance exam that is given by students who have graduated 12th standard in the science stream in order to be qualified for higher studies in the engineering field. It is considered an entry point to apply for the top engineering colleges in India, such as IITs and NITs. Since it is one of the most difficult entrance exams to give to enroll in university, it is easy to get too caught up in preparing for the exam and lose track of the application process that actually qualifies you to appear for the exam.
In this article, we have clearly laid down the steps and details regarding registering, as well as how to download JEE Main 2020 admit card.
JEE Mains 2020 Application Dates
The first thing you need to remember once you have decided to appear for the JEE Main is that there are two sessions of the test: in January and April of 2020. Depending on your circumstances or requirements, you can choose to apply for one of the two sessions. If you don’t do as well as you did in the first round, you can also apply for the April session of the same year so that you don’t miss an entire academic year.
Refer to this table for registration dates:
|Session||Registration Dates||Exam Dates||Status|
|Jan 2020||3rd to 30th Sept 2019||6th to 11th Jan 2020||(Closed)|
|Apr 2020||7th Feb to 7th Mar 2020||3rd to 9th Apr 2020|
What You Need to Register for JEE Mains 2020
There is no age limit for appearing for this exam, as long as you have a 12th pass certificate (or its equivalent). You can also appear for JEE Mains 2020 if you are appearing for your Class 12 exam in 2020.
Note: However, age restrictions (if any) in the colleges that you are applying to must be accounted for.
You can apply for JEE Mains only online. You can access the registration form from the main websites of NTA or JEE Mains. Before you start filling out your application, make sure you have the following documents in place.
- Your date of birth, as written on your class 10 certificate
- Your class 10 and class 12 mark sheet
- PWD, SC/ST or another reservation proof, if applicable
- An online copy of the passport-sized photograph
- E-copy of signature to upload as signature proof
- An active Email ID and mobile number for contact purposes
- Identity proof (passport, Aadhaar card, voter ID, ration card, etc.
- Debit card, credit card, UPI or PayTM details to so that you can pay your application fee
Application Process for JEE Mains 2020
Candidates applying to appear for JEE Mains 2020 must follow these steps:
- Go to the main website and register for an online application form. Fill out all your personal details.
- Note down the registration number that the site generates. The site will also ask you to generate a password since the registration number also acts as your username to be able to log on to the site to apply for the exam and check your progress. Don’t lose them.
- Once you have logged in with your registration number and password, proceed to fill in the remaining details on your application form including the scanned copy of your photograph and signature.
- Select your payment option, and follow the necessary instructions to complete your payment. Only once your payment is confirmed, you can access your application form.
Be careful and thorough in filling out your form as it is not possible to get your errors rectified, once the form has been registered. You cannot reapply either.
You can also access the JEE Mains website for a detailed brochure of all the information regarding the logistics of the exam, and the exam itself.
Downloading Your JEE Mains 2020 Admit Card
The JEE Admit Card is arguably the most important piece of paper you need to give your exam. If you don’t have you’re admit card with you, needless to say, you will not be allowed to sit for your exam.
The admit cards for the January session will be available from 6th December 2019, and the admit cards for the April session will be available from 16th March 2020. Below are the steps to download your admit card.
- First, visit www.jeemain.nic.in.
- Click on “Download Admit Card”.
- You will be directed to a page that has two options: “Through Application Number and Password” and “Through Application Number and Date of Birth”
- Select either one of your preference, and enter your login details accordingly.
- You will immediately gain access to your admit card, which you can download.
These are the details you should expect to find on your admit card:
- Date of birth
- Status of Person with Disability (if it applies to you)
- Names of parents and/or guardians
- Passport size photograph
- E-mail ID and mobile number
Exam Related Details
- Name and address of the exam center
- Exam Centre Code
- Your state’s Code of Eligibility
- Application number
- Roll number
- Date and timing of the exam
- Course applied for
- Name and medium (of language) of your exam
- Exam related instructions.
Get a hard copy of your admit card, since you need it to enter the exam hall. Your admit card must be in good condition when you present it to your examiner.