Whatever the objective, which will mainly depend on the company’s timing and marketing strategy, there are some tricks to create quality videos on a small budget. That’s why gillespie productions 4 tips to take the first step and produce quality content.
Make A Schedule
As important as knowing how to frame and focus a camera and what will be done in the short, medium, and long term. This detail is crucial for a YouTube channel not to lose relevance or for its message not to be ostracized. Always having new content – about a product or information – is essential to demonstrate professionalism and focus. Therefore, in the marketing strategy, the ideal is to know which videos will be made in the next month and their theme.
Some crucial questions to answer for each planned video are:
- What will be the average investment required for each video?
- Who will participate in each recording (both in front of and behind the camera)?
- Where will the videos be recorded?
- What will the guidelines be?
What Will Be The Recording Methodology?
After answering these questions and understanding the big picture, it’s time to think about each video individually and knowing Best Platforms for Video Marketing.
Know The Purpose Of The Video
Don’t just press play. Before recording any video, it is essential to know some details, such as:
- What is the purpose/content of this video?
- How much time is available for this video?
- How will I convey my brand identity in the video?
These are simple questions, but they make all the difference for consistency. That is so that a video is not so different from one another. Thus, the way information, aesthetics, and quality (such as framing and focus) are disseminated will be standardized.
Have A Step-By-Step Calendar
Once you have the overview of each video on paper, it is essential to have deadlines for each step of the recording. This will further guarantee that no phase will be delayed and no work will be done in a hurry. Put on the calendar, for example:
- Monday: Write the video script
- Tuesday: Review and approval of the script; scenario production and verification that all technical items (camera, microphone, tripod, etc.) are working perfectly
- Wednesday: Video recording and editing
- Thursday: Video review and approval
- Friday: Post video at 2 pm
Remember: this is just a suggestion. Make a calendar that fits your company’s schedule and ensure video and content quality.
Make A Detailed Roadmap
Now that we have the dates, all we have to do is start putting everything into practice. Well, if we look at the first point of any schedule is: to make the script. It is as important as the recording itself. In the audiovisual context, the script is the video of the floor plan to construct a house.
The script will help optimize the production since you will already know exactly what should be done at each video moment. This is because, contrary to popular belief, the script goes far beyond the dialogues – it must also contain:
- Brief description of scenes and estimation of how long they will last
- Suggestion for positioning the camera(s)
- Indication of musical tracks or sound effects
- Indication for editing cutting moments, inserting animation, subtitles, etc