If you are new to parenting and would like to know what a typical day in a top flight kindergarten school would consist of, you have come to the right place. In this article, we will take a look at the average day for the children who attend a prestigious kindergarten, with the aim of helping you to get a clearer picture of what goes on.
- 08:30 – 09:00 – Morning Arrival & Garden Play – Young children should not have to deal with an early start, so children arrive between these times and after greeting their teacher, they are free to play in the garden with their friends. The best kindergarten in Bangkok has amazing grounds where the kids can immerse themselves in a range of activities as they prepare for the start of their exciting day.
- 09:00 – 09:30 – Morning Greeting Time – The teachers and children sit in a circle and greet each other, and would sing their morning song, while also discussing the coming day’s activities. Every child has an opportunity to speak, as everyone has an equal chance to express themselves, and often there will be a show and tell session, where the children bring a favourite toy from home and tell their friends about it.
- 09:30 – 10:00 – Integrated Learning Session – The children can access any of the many learning resources that are designed to stimulate the children in specific ways. This is very much a free play situation whereby the children decide what they wish to engage with.
- 10:00 – 10:15 – Snack Time – Snacks usually include healthy fruits and milk, with a variation throughout the week.
- 10:15 – 11:00 – Integrated Learning Session – The children are encouraged to spend some time with different activities, while the teachers encourage them to try various activities and interact with their peers.
- 11:00 – 11:30 – Outdoor Play – The outdoor session allows the children to exercise and develop problem solving skills by using a range of well-designed apparatus that challenge the children in many ways.
- 11:30 – 12:00 – Lunchtime – The children sit together with their teacher and enjoy a prepared lunch, which would be a varied menu. The teacher eats with their students so they can monitor their behaviour, which is important.
- 12:00 – 13:30 – Integrated Studies – This is the main learning period for all the children, with second language activities, storytelling and other fun-based things that are co-ordinated by the teachers.
- 13:30 – 13:45 – Circle Time – An important few minutes when the children come together to say their goodbyes. They talk about what they did, which reinforces the learning, plus they also discuss the following day’s activities.
There might be after-school activities for some students who are waiting for their parents, which would include specialised activities that the children specifically ask for.
If you are looking for a suitable kindergarten for your child, take your time and visit a few of the local early learning programs, then you can book a tour, which will allow you to observe the children engaging in a range of fun-based activities, and by asking the school principal a few questions, you will have a better understanding of what the school is about.